Famous Philosophy Quotes
- “The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates.
- “Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent” – Ludwig Wittgenstein.
- “Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily” – William of Ockham.
What is the best philosophy quote?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Who is the most quoted philosopher?
The award for most concise philosopher goes to Heraclitus. On average, his quotes were a full two words shorter than the next most concise philosopher.
What is the most famous philosophy line in life?
Life Philosophy Quotes
- “Be the reason someone smiles. …
- “Don’t Just. …
- “Make improvements, not excuses. …
- “Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.” …
- “Life has no remote….get up and change it yourself!” …
- “If you believe very strongly in something, stand up and fight for it.”
What is Plato’s famous quote?
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.” “If a man neglects education, he walks lame to the end of his life.” “All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one workman.” “Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.”
Is Albert Einstein a philosopher?
Yes, Einstein was a philosopher. In fact, he had a doctorate in Philosophy.
What is a good quote about life?
Inspirational Quotes About Life
- Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about. – …
- Life is a long lesson in humility. – …
- In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. – …
- Love the life you live. …
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. –
What are the 7 philosophers?
- Philosopher # 1. Plato:
- Philosopher # 2. Aristotle:
- Philosopher # 3. Rene Descartes:
- Philosopher # 4. Benedict Spinoza:
- Philosopher # 5. G.W. Leibniz:
- Philosopher # 6. John Locke:
- Philosopher # 7. Immanuel Kant:
Is Mahatma Gandhi a philosopher?
Though one may not typically think of Gandhi as a philosopher, he was, in fact, a profound philosophical thinker.
Who is the wisest philosopher?
The oracle’s answer is that Socrates is the wisest person. Socrates reports that he is puzzled by this answer since so many other people in the community are well known for their extensive knowledge and wisdom, and yet Socrates claims that he lacks knowledge and wisdom.
What is a famous Socrates quote?
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” “The unexamined life is not worth living.” “There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
Who is Socrates philosophy?
Who was Socrates? Socrates was an ancient Greek philosopher, one of the three greatest figures of the ancient period of Western philosophy (the others were Plato and Aristotle), who lived in Athens in the 5th century BCE.
What is Aristotle famous quote?
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” “Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.” “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” “To perceive is to suffer.”
What is Herodotus famous quote?
1. “It is better by noble boldness to run the risk of being subject to half of the evils we anticipate than to remain in cowardly listlessness for fear of what might happen.” ― Herodotus, ‘The Histories.
What is Confucius most famous quote?
Let these Confucian quotes guide you in life. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” “They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.”
Who taught Socrates?
Along with Diotima, Aspasia was one of the two women philosophers whom Plato recognised as a teacher of Socrates. Her biography is subject to debate, but she is still famous for her knowledge of rhetoric and her skill in debate.
Does Socrates believe in God?
Socrates also believes in deity, but his conception is completely different from the typical Athenians. While to the Athenians gods are human-like and confused, Socrates believes god to be perfectly good and perfectly wise. His god is rationally moral. His god also has a purpose.
Is Aspasia real?
Aspasia, (flourished 5th century bc), mistress of the Athenian statesman Pericles and a vivid figure in Athenian society. Although Aspasia came from the Greek Anatolian city of Miletus and was not a citizen of Athens, she lived with Pericles from about 445 until his death in 429.